This December, could you help a fellow member of our community who is having a hard time at the moment by writing some Christmas cards, donating a small gift or making a small donation? The Friends of Gipsy Hill are working with Christ Church Open Door Kitchen and Paxton Green Time Bank to share some extra festive cheer this Christmas alongside the seasonal deliveries that both organisations will be making.
How to help
We are looking for completed Christmas cards, small gifts or small donations. The card can be homemade or shop-bought and addressed simply to Dear Neighbour. Please leave the envelopes unsealed and feel free to include a personal note or drawing in the cards if you wish! Gifts should be new, sealed items up to a suggested value of £10 and please don’t wrap them – we will arrange wrapping for all gifts. Please note we mostly need gifts for adults (and more for men than for women) as many of those being supported are older adults living alone. Donation can be made via PayPal to https://paypal.me/pools/c/8tuJyruIBz Friends of Gipsy Hill money pool with a reference “Dear Neighbour“. We will then purchase gifts from local stores on your behalf.
Cards and gifts can be dropped off:
- At Paxton Green Time Bank food hub (Unit 32 Seeley Drive rear entrance, SE21 8QR) on Mondays between 10am and 4pm. This is in a former flooring shop on the parade of shops opposite Kingswood House or;
- With one of our volunteers at our community Christmas tree by Gipsy Hill station on Saturday 5th or 12th December between 11am and 3pm or;
- Collection can be arranged via the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
Gifts and Cards
If you are able to support our lovely local businesses when buying your cards or gifts, that would be fantastic as many of them are also struggling too in these challenging, uncertain times. Suggestions for ‘Dear Neighbour’ gifts include:
- Hand creams;
- Toiletry sets;
- Christmas chocolates or biscuits;
- Scarves, gloves or socks;
- Mugs (we still have some of our lovely Friends of Gipsy Hill ones available to buy);
- Indoor plants;
- Gift vouchers (e.g. book token, café voucher etc).
To allow us time for all COVID-secure arrangements, the deadline for accepting Christmas cards and gifts will be 17th December. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com to get in touch.
Thank you for helping with this local Christmas Appeal.