UPDATE!!! The Gipsy Hill Advent windows are here! Starting on 1st December at Christ Church and going all the way to 24th December. Each day is celebrated by a member of our community – a home, school or business – and will reveal a new Advent window display inspired by the theme ‘comfort and joy’. The map shows you where to find them all. Have fun exploring! And huge thanks to everyone for taking part!
12th November 2020
As we come to the start of Advent, Christ Church Gipsy Hill would love to invite you to join in with an initiative to bring some festive cheer to the streets of Gipsy Hill, Gipsy Road and beyond.
Shops, homes, schools and pubs can use their imagination and artistry to produce a living Advent Calendar. A newly decorated window will be revealed, or “opened”, on each day of Advent (1st to 24th December) starting and ending on the 24th at Christ Church. As they open, follow the Advent Windows map to discover them all.
Christ Church are looking for local residents to get their creative juices flowing and join in with a display of their own. This could be you if…
- you are willing to create a display in one of your windows OR you have a suitable window but perhaps not the creative flair to create a display, OR you have the creative flair but not an appropriate window – in which case we will aim to pair people up to create a joint effort
- your window is visible from the pavement
- you’re willing to keep the display up from your assigned day through to Sunday 3rd January
- you are willing to have your address posted on the map/flier, and all accompanying documents, that will indicate the locations of the windows. We won’t include names next to the address!
- You can STILL enter even if your house number is not between 1 and 24!
This year’s creative theme for your windows is ‘Comfort and Joy‘ and we hope that the Advent Windows project will enable neighbours to offer one another precisely that, along with some festive cheer, as a safe, outdoor activity, suitable for all the family!
Christ Church look forward to hearing from you – please drop them a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to join in the fun!