Brightening Gipsy Road with artwork!
With the support of the local community and traders, Friends of Gipsy Hill have secured funding for an exciting project to install at least two lamp post banners, starting at the entrance to Gipsy Road, for the display of local artwork!
We are calling on all local talent (of any age) with a connection to the area to submit artwork that brightens the area, captures the spirit of Gipsy Hill and represents our great restaurants, pubs and shops, through artwork.
The theme: “eat, drink, entertainment”.
This pilot project is part of a wider initiative to promote the local community, our creative talent and our fabulous Gipsy Road!
We would like to thank Manuel’s, The Paxton and WLS (West London Security) for their support in getting this exciting pilot project off the ground.
Artwork submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org the competition closes at Midnight on Friday 10th April 2020.
How To Enter
Submit a photograph or scanned image of your artwork to email@example.com along with:
- Your full name
- Address including postcode
- A description for each of your entries, in no more than 25 words
- Entries do not need to banner size! However, submissions should consider the portrait orientation of the banner. (Banners will be 2200mm x 785mm)
- Artwork submissions accepted up until: Midnight Friday 10th April 2020
- Validation of submissions: Saturday 11th – Sunday 19th April 2020
- Judging: Week commencing Monday 20th April 2020
- Winner(s) announced: Week commencing Monday 27th April 2020
- Develop Artwork for Production: May 2020
- Installation: June 2020
Who Can Enter
- Any resident, of any age in postcodes SE19, SE27 or those who have a connection to the area.
- Pupils and staff of all local primary and secondary schools.
How will artwork be selected?
The designs will be judged by a panel consisting of FoGH committee members, Manuel’s Restaurant, The Paxton Pub and WLS.
Artwork will be selected based upon its alignment to the theme “Eat, Drink and Entertainment” and how well it captures the spirit of our fabulous Gipsy Hill and Gipsy Road. We will also consider:
- Attractiveness and visual appeal
- Visual message
Prizes on offer
- Your artwork displayed on lamp post banner(s) for at least 12 months, for the community to enjoy.
- A three-course meal for two with a bottle of wine, a glass of Prosecco on arrival and Manuel’s homemade Lemoncello to finish – overlooking your displayed artwork!
Uses, Copyright and Ownership
- All valid submissions will be displayed on FoGH Website.
- Copyright retained by artist with free use by FoGH for promotional activity, print & physical production and social media.
- Winning submission(s) to be developed to banner form by FoGH.
- No commercial advertisement will be accepted.
hours minutes seconds